105KM/H Speed limiter law is awful.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I don't know why I have been running into trucks lately that have their speed governed between 97-103KMH camping in the middle lanes and not moving over for faster trucks. I get more stress driving the 400KM stretch from Windsor to Toronto than my 4 days of driving in the USA. So many of these idiots with their 99KMH trucks sitting in the middle lane for no apparent reason, I'm getting real sick of passing on the right and sometimes the truck restricted left lane. Usually they are Indian drivers or some dudes from Quebec. Bourbossa or whatever the hell are pretty bad with it too. Before anyone calls me racist, I'm Indian myself.

Any of you Ontario drivers have trucks that go faster than 105?

I'm also interested in thoughts about this stupid ### law.

I hope the USA never implements a law like Ontario and Quebec have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I was behind two of them on the TransCanada in Saskatchewan a couple of summers ago.
    Both speed limited, one must have been 150 lbs lighter than the other. It took him 11 miles to pass the other

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    This is nightmare on the I5 thru the bowl in Cali, 2 lanes and tons of traffic. Keep in mind also many of these Indian dudes have no clue, they're new to the country and just got their licence. There's no one to teach them otherwise, which is sad at very least.

5. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    This is why I camp out in the right lane at around 60 mph and watch the #### show.No stress.It has nothing to do with the speed limiter but is strictly a "steering wheel holder "issue.

peterd, BigHossVolvo, roshea and 6 others Thank this.
  6. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    I hear you, but you can't camp in the right @60MPH for too long cause there's always some tard doing 55mph and then you gotta take him over and thereso join in the ####-show. Governenors are unsafe, sometimes you need the extra speed to overcome a road hazard.

7. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Exactly why I run 60 mph so that when I catch up to the 55 mph truck I still have an extra 10 mph to get out and around quickly without holding up the middle lane.As much as I despise speed limiters they are not the problem ,its the drivers.

peterd, JayTee, nredfor88 and 6 others Thank this.
  8. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Its a daily experience when I run to Kingston, ON. Daily for a switch. Besides the LCV's that are restricted @ 90 km/h some of the new drivers just don't want you to pass them for some apparent reason. A lot of ignorance occurring as of late on the 400 series highway.

9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Makes for great tv. The Toronto highway through hell is my favourite!

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  10. Canada Dry

Canada Dry Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Detroit Mi.
    I've never been a fan of the Speed Limiters.The Canadian Mega carriers asked for this law, now were stuck with it.

11. skipgears

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    you can't get a speeding ticket if yer limited .. haha

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.