1099 driver and Clearinghouse

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by deathB4decaf, Jan 16, 2020.

1. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    We have a 1099 driver who previously only did chase driving (nothing in CDL). We added him onto our consortium when we found out he had his CDL. Now my boss is wondering how all of this meshes with the Clearinghouse. What new do we need to do? Anything? Nothing? I'm not sure and when I read the information, I feel less intelligent than I did 5 seconds prior.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MCSACompliance

MCSACompliance Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Is he currently utilizing the CDL? Only drivers who are operating a vehicle that requires the CDL to operate are required to be enrolled into a consortium and have testing results reported to the clearinghouse.

If yes, then you'll need to go into the employer clearinghouse account and add the driver to your list via the information on his driver's license. The driver can also create an account so he can monitor his own results and object to an issue he may find. it is required for the driver to create an account should you wish to pull a full query. However as the employer you are still able to pull a pre-employment query or a limited query on the driver without him having his own clearinghouse account.

If no, then no action is required for adding him into a clearinghouse account.

4. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    He is. Once he started using his CDL with us, that's when we added him to the consortium. Thanks so much!

MCSACompliance Thanks this.
  5. MCSACompliance

MCSACompliance Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2020
    My pleasure, let me know if you have any other questions.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.