'11 Pete 386 w/ an ISX using coolant.

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by HillbillyDeluxeTruck, Oct 12, 2019.

1. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Seen a lot of cracked heads from bad tuning and lugging on X's.

Art Vandelay, ??? and pushbroom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wtokhi

wtokhi Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    if its a slipped liner, wouldn't it mixing with ur oil?

4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Looks like we have a winner.

It can. But not always from how its been explained to me. It can go into the combustion chamber and get blown out the exhaust like mine was doing.

We were all pretty sure it was a sunk liner. Im glad it was just a cracked head.

wtokhi Thanks this.
  5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Sorry princess, this wasnt a "bad delete". The engine has had a cracked head for a lot longer than Ive been running the truck. Infact the cracked head is what caused multiple dpf/doc problems, you do know what coolant does to those filters correct?

This truck has run 20k flawless miles for me in the last few mo's even while consuming coolant. It has never skipped a beat, never run hot in the Tx summer heat, never failed to deliver a load until I decided it needed to be fixed. This truck has had multiple other drivers in the 6yrs my company has owned it and has other 386's with much higher mileage also running perfect.

This thread isn't about wtf ever you're trying to turn it into. It was about confirming a known issue with ISX's. Luckily it wasn't a sunk liner.

So I should have my truck back by Fri, to get the load Im holding delivered.

6. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Do you have a reason for being here? You come out of nowhere and attempt to troll me, which you can't even do right. Now do everyone a favor and go suck start a shotgun.

And if you post a pic of my cousins again, I'll make sure they hunt your ### down.

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    And looks like I spoke to soon. Truck has 2 scored liners. Whole thing has to come apart.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.