11 Trucks burn at Poly-America manufacturing

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Getsinyourblood, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Dave_in_AZ, Bud A., JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Its very strange as the fire is only burning at the drive tires.
    fire.jpg

Dave_in_AZ, Bud A. and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    wait....isnt this like the 3rd or 4th in the past year at a Poly facility??? @Harry Flashman

Dave_in_AZ and Bud A. Thank this.
  5. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Like the article said, there was a fire there August 18, 2020. It was caused by downed power lines.

Dave_in_AZ and nikmirbre Thank this.
  6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    There was another 1 or 2 at other plants as well.

Dave_in_AZ, Bud A. and Getsinyourblood Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    That was determined to not be the case. Read the bottom of the article. They had a plant burn up pretty good in SC I think?

8. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I have my suspicions about what is happening at poly.

they have been very heavy handed with face mask enforcement and last time I was at Grand Prairie I was talking to one of the dock workers and he said that workers have been sabotaging equipment and vandalizing the property since the face mask rules have gone back into effect

I also heard from someone at the shop, that someone has been dumping diesel fuel into the DEF tanks of bobtails in GP

I had to go into the managers office to talk about an unrelated issue, as I was talking to him my face mask slipped just a bit and he started screaming at me that he would throw me out of the office if I didn’t keep my face mask up.

Only reason I didn’t walk out of the office when the manager was yelling at me was because it was SC and I didn’t want to rent a car to get home,

It is getting ugly at poly. You got lots of Karen’s who are looking for any way of making people’s lives miserable for breaking the COVID rules, and now you have unhinged people lashing out at the company.

I’m fed up with the toxic environment at poly, I am actively looking for another job.

Nobody is forcing them to adopt these rules, they are doing it on their own and blaming CDC “recommendations”

Also lest you think it was me who set the fires, I was not at any plant when the fires happened, and I have GPS proof to back it up.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  9. Harry Flashman

Oct 4, 2019
    The fires at Grand Prairie and Chester SC last year happened right after the COVID mask enforcement went into effect last summer

This is the third fire in a year.

I am on the road, I hope my car is ok, as its parked near the bobtail line probably close to the fire

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Article said they ruled out power lines, cause they were still up when it was ablaze.

11. Harry Flashman

Oct 4, 2019
    They ruled out electrical causes, and turned the investigation over to the FBI, though nobody has been charged yet.

I’m sure the FBI will get called in again, seems like someone is waging his own one-man-war against poly

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.