12.7 s60 engine head gasket in Larado?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Elroythekid, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Mexico to US. US to Canada.

Rideandrepair and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    There isn't, so I'm hoping the sludge in the tank is oil cooler? I'm going to try to head north and if it doesnt over heat get home where I can control expenses.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Sorry, turned the phone off for a while watched a move and slept.

5. Inderjit

Inderjit Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    If this problem started after the engine was pressure washed I would have a good
    look at the coolant temperature sensor and connector. Most pressure washers make
    more than enough pressure to push water past the seal on the connector and into
    the sensor connection.

6. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    6000lb load direct back to Brantford Ont in the am. Wish me luck. Then I'm 2 days from home where I can deal with it or I have a friend who has shops up there he trusts.

7. John E.

John E. Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2021
    New Brunswick
    Good for you Elroythe kid, Not a heavy load. You get to Brantford, She is coming your way then. You was given some good advice from the other Truckers on here. Not much these's Guys haven't run into, concerning repairs.

Elroythekid and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Take it to Stewart and Stevenson. They are Detroit house. There's one on the other side of the freeway from the Petro in San Antonio.

They also have W.W.Williams on their sign. Also Detroit house. Why even F around?

Elroythekid and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    They couldn't touch it for a couple days. I headed north and it worked great until San Antonio, temp went up just above 200 and stayed there, I stopped and let it cool down, I was close to their shop there so I went over. They really didnt know what to do with it. It's not over heating, or I didn't let it, and they also would be a couple days before being able to get to it. He said 200 is no big deal, even tho it's never run that hot unless I'm pulling a big hill.
    I headed north once again and it seemed to fix itself? The rapid swings of the gauge seemed to smooth out and even tho it was a hot day it stayed just above 175, to well below 200.
    I'm up on the 30 east now and the weather cooled off A LOT and its started swinging rapidly again, tho not as high as it was. There is no evidence of it pressuring the expansion tank. As long as it works this way I'll keep heading towards home.

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Maybe just one of the thermostats is sticking closed. Add that to all the other maybes. I don’t think engine fan was mentioned. I’m sure you can hear it when it’s engaged. Good news is you’re not adding coolant.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yea because the BOL says Mexico on it, even though picked up in Laredo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.