12.7 s60 engine head gasket in Larado?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Elroythekid, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Sellout loophole? What's that? It's the law.

nikmirbre and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Typically a Canadian Driver can only bring freight from Canada to the US, and only pick up freight going back to Canada.Same rules apply for US Carriers going to Canada, only allowed to backhaul to the US. I’m wondering if they’re allowed to PU in Laredo,( Mexico) and deliver in the US, then PU in US deliver to Canada, without having Operations of some sort in Mexico. If not, seems they would only be allowed to PU in Laredo going to Canada. Having Operation in Mexico, and Canada, would allow them to bounce either way, delivering and picking up in the US, as long as the first load originated in Canada and finals in Mexico (Laredo). Or in this case visa versa.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's where my elected officials sold us out.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    If you breakdown near Detroit. Well fix you up, for a great price. Might want to p/u an inframe Kit from M&D in Houston. Only $2000 US. Canadian prices are going to be higher, even with the exchange.

nikmirbre and Elroythekid Thank this.
  6. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Our company has several US terminals, with US employees and drivers. Authority in all 3 countries, they run us by the letter of the law. We are checked at the border OFTEN they go thru our manifests and log books to make sure we are not repositioning trailers etc etc.
    Interstating by US drivers in canada is an everyday event, nobody cares. I certainly dont.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    John E., Rideandrepair and nikmirbre Thank this.
  7. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Hopefully I dont need an I frame kit, I cross at Detroit all the time, if you have a good shop near there shoot me your particulars, there is nothing I trust until past toronto.
    Thanks!

Rideandrepair and nikmirbre Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    It’s not my shop. Friend of mine. He’s honest, works by reference mainly. He’s 7 miles from the bridge. I’ll shoot you the info.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  9. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’m headed to Canada then, Lol. I used to go to Windsor sometimes when Local. Always grab a Tim Hortons coffee. Give the workers a pack of smokes. I was in like Flynn. I really don’t miss being hassled by the US Agents.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    We’ve got a bunch of Bonded Free Trade Zone warehouses here.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  11. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    They are everywhere, I dont do a lot of this stuff, I mainly do east coast to carolinas, back to Ontario, back home triangle. 7-8 days I'm home.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.