15 min left on the 11 and 14 hr clock

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cadillacdude1975, Mar 18, 2012.

1. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    The companies do not give a #### about the drivers when they ask a driver to violate the regs. By even utilizing loose leaf logs they are making it easy for drivers to falsify their logs. This is why the governemnet agencies are looking to do away with written logs because they know (as we do) that they are easily altered.

Electronic recording devices already track the trucks. The trucks ecm tracks speed and rpms. The trucks onboard computer (qualcomm or similar) tracks the vehicles location, hard braking, speed, etc. Ez pass transponders track the location of the vehicle and its speed as it goes through a toll booth. Prepass equipped trucks leave a record of the vehicles location every time it goes by a weigh station. Cell phone towers enable the wireless telephone companies to keep track of the users location and duration of calls.

Then factor in eye witness accounts, cameras in cell phones, and fixed cameras at truckstops, gas stations, atms on the street, traffic light cameras and the like and you will soon see how the cards are stacked against these "outlaw" truckers and companies.

The feds already have enough to mandate every truck have a recording device on it. Its a slow deliberative movement that has been coming for years.

Everett Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fallinangel1950a

fallinangel1950a Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    slidell la
    well my rule of thumb is when i get to 30 minutes left i stop at the next place saves alot of headache if you run out of time its your own fault you get a warning 1 hour prior

4. fallinangel1950a

fallinangel1950a Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    slidell la
    yeppers us old timers that still have loose leafs are about to end but i got a chance to use elog and i actully liked it and can still get the miles if you keep that door closed

j3411 Thanks this.
  5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I heard you did. Hope they don't find out about each other! :biggrin_2559:

6. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I hear stuff like this but I have yet to see any evidence of it. Are there any real cases that anyone knows of where someone actually went to jail just for cooking the log book? I'm not talking about a guy who is way over his hours and falls asleep behind the wheel. I'm talking about the guy who was over his hours but fully alert and did everything else right.

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Pennsalvania --- 2 drivers and one office personnel . Was in news couple years ago.

They had been warned/fined multiple times.

jlkklj777 Thanks this.
  8. snowblind

snowblind Heavy Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    oh its brilliant to tell or force a man to run 11 hrs with no breaks.....oh now they realized bad idea mandated break.drive when feel good sleep when tired.i have NEVER had a co tell or force me to do anything,you people really think things will get better with more regs,are foolish at best.and to you who have 2 decades i have over 3.we as a whole were not unsafe way back when.the clowns out there today are.

Raiderfanatic and Boardhauler Thank this.
  9. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Yet I can remember driving some roads and meeting 2 or 3 people in a 50 mile section.

Now I'm dodging 2 or 3 idiots every couple of miles.

I found myself wishing I was on back roads the other day. Interstate traffic was sheer madness.

How these people getting money for gas???

10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Cooking and selling meth?

11. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    There's no way drivers 20-30 years ago....heck, even 10-15....were more unsafe than the drivers of today. My real dad drove for years and years....my brother has been driving for 15 years....these idiots with CDLs out there in today's world are just that...idiots.

Of course, not all drivers but a large percentage of them are "dangerous". E-Logs, more rules and regs, more cops etc... are not going to make them any safer. There's drivers of big rigs that have no business behind the wheel. That's a fact.

You can holler all you want about "outlaw" trucking. That's not the problem out in the real world. It's these CDL factories that just give anyone a license and these companies that don't care who they hire....as long as they are making a buck.

The problems with what's going on may include "outlaw truckers" but they are way, way, way down on the list.

Boardhauler and snowblind Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.