15 min left on the 11 and 14 hr clock

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cadillacdude1975, Mar 18, 2012.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    If you don't think qualcom/elog can be falsified you are dreaming. Remember us new drivers are the nintendo generation. I already know one driver with considerable computer programming knowledge who hacked his ecm, changed his governor speed, then altered his qualcomm so the company can't tell. He can bypass the sat tracking and enter his locations manually for the log, even go so far as to have a second 'ghost' driver essentially running a second log if he chose. How long until a 'black box' is available to O/Os forced to run elogs that can plug in and be no more complicated than the boxes used to steal premium cable tv?

Nothing is secure. I can park on the street outsiode your house, hack your wireless, and change your desktops background to a picture of pennywise the clown if I so choose using a smartphone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    wave of the future , loose leaf logs are new tp for the trucking inds:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25524:

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If FMCSA was so into safety they would have 86 the loose leaf long ago. Anybody can cheat on that.

5. fallinangel1950a

fallinangel1950a Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    slidell la
    lol these new generation drivers cant lol most of them never seen a log book they go to school for a few weeks and actually think they are truck drivers lol

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Hell, I've got a 7 year driver who calls me at least twice a week for help on his logs.

He ran e-logs for his first 5 years. He still can't figure it out.

7. fallinangel1950a

Jan 21, 2012
    slidell la
    also I know you cant hack my puter one of the best set this up and taught me a few things also and he crashed 95000 puters in 30 minutes.but why would ya want to mess with the truck puter it aint that bad i still get between 650 and 750 a day just running steady

8. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Ever since Canada implemented the 105 kph speed restrictions, I thought it would be hilarious if someone were to write a program that would infect any scanners used to read the truck's speed limiter setting....basically the scanner would show "105" when they plug into your truck...then "104" when they plugged into the next one...then "103" and "102" and so on until the inspector figured out that something wasn't right and his scanner wasn't really reading the truck's settings. It would be even funnier if the virus would spread to the scanned trucks, so that any subsequent scanner plugged into that truck would do the same thing. Of course to work, this virus couldn't have any adverse affect on the truck's computer other than infecting any roadside scanners plugged in attempting to read the settings.

Either that or just have it always read out "105" for every truck from that point forward....which would likely take a lot longer to figure out something was wrong with their scanner and nearly impossible to track back to the truck which caused the "problem".

:biggrin_2559:

Hardlyevr Thanks this.
  9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I'd pay money to see that on mine. But somehow I don't think it's gonna happen.

Oh, and I don't consider DOS as bringing down a computer or a network. Just a minor and temporary annoyance.

10. fallinangel1950a

Jan 21, 2012
    slidell la
    sounds interesting my bud isent allowed to have a computer or he will break a condition of his release but im sure that would givge him something to ponder and figure out

11. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Invitation is open to all comers.

Unlike 95% of people. I don't click links.

And my equipment doesn't rely on "simple" passwords. Usually 15 characters or more.

Attachment? What's that? If I don't know you personally. I didn't get it.

95% of people "hack" themselves.

98% of people, believes Windows actually has a firewall. 100% of those people. Don't know what a firewall is. Much less what a NAT box is.

99.99% of people know how to turn a PC on. Less than 25% know what it can do. Less than 5% of that number understand HOW it does it.

Just guessing, I'd say less than 2% even bother to view their event logs and running processes and over half of those are paid to look.

Nope....not really worried about being hacked.

windsmith Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.