15 min left on the 11 and 14 hr clock

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cadillacdude1975, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Could not do mine either. Too far from any road and the signal is limited to about 25 feet outside the house.

Not to mention that any attempt shuts down the wireless net.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    A lot if younger guys make the mistake of thinking anyone over 40 is lost around a PC.

I've had my hands in computers since 1982. Was activity playing with the hardware at age 13. Thanks to my dads job.

No every old fart, is illiterate. Although we sure sound like it more often than not.

4. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    I have had them in the house since 1984.

Worked with them in the office till I left them in 97.

Old farts like us are self taught, no classes back then.

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Sad thing about that. We worked with programs and programming languages that would drive the newbs insane.

Tape drives? These guys would lose it if they had to load programs on a tape. LMAO

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Punch cards anyone?

7. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    Heck before tape, before punch cards, I was putting programs on punch tape! And connecting at a whopping 300 baud.

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Talk about high speed.

9. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    8088 and 6502 machine language entered on a hexadecimal keypad. No monitor, just 7 segment LED displays :)

10. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    This is the dumbest statement I have read in a while. So if he drove 15 minutes over his 11/14 he should be sent to prison because he had an accident that was not his fault? I realize that it COULD happen in todays America, I just have a real problem with idiots like you that act like it's ok and that is how the world should work.

I run loose leaf logs. I have NEVER had a log violation, never had an at fault accident, never had a speeding ticket. I see guys with the "safe" EOBRs in their trucks speed in towns, race through parking lots and do all kinds of crap that is way more dangerous than running 15 minutes over on 11 or 14 hours.

EOBRs have absolutely nothing to do with making the roads safer. There will NOT be less accidents if they are mandated. I think people like you that need a baby sitter in your truck to tell you when it's safe shoud GET OUT OF THE INDUSTRY.

Sorry for the rant but I just couldn't help myself when I read this.

Raiderfanatic and Boardhauler Thank this.
  11. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Danc694u you can still be hacked. It would take just a little longer. No computer,ISP,web site,and such is hackproof. Its just a matter how patient and skillfull a hacker is. Heck this web site could have a virus installed to go after any poster that fits certain parameters and wipe everything out or steal vital info before he/she can do anything about it,regardless of the security measures they take. Unless a computer user is willing to spend a small fortune on security that is updated regluary there isn't anything you can do about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.