$150,000 three-bedroom home? Las Vegas company Boxabl unveils prototype

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Sounds expensive for a box. You can get 18 acre hay field, 4 bedroom 2 story house, 2 large barns, a shop with lift, and underground utilities for livestock here in Michigan for 265K.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, the only box i already have bought, is my cremation coffin, which will be turned into ashes in the end, all for under $5,000.....

never would i spend such stupid monies for such a home, and i use the word home cautiously

4. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Yeah, I can see where some folks might think that's a bargain, but the reality is that one can find better deals in the country, just gotta check listings and jump on whichever property strikes your fancy, otherwise someone will beat ya to it every time. :confused:

The real estate market has been crazy lately, I thought the bubble would burst long ago, but it's still crazy, lol... I think I'd advise prospective buyers to sit tight for awhile until the bubble does burst and prices come down. OTOH, what if the market remains this crazy? Meh, no longer my problem... :rolleyes:

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Severe housing shortage in Las Vegas & Reno.
    Construction going like crazy in both places.
    The reason is no state income taxes, no food taxes at the grocery stores, low property taxes.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what i think is funny...i mean really funny, is that so many people paid huge prices for homes in my area, that would "normally" sell for like $270,000 to maybe $400,000, were paying "up to"..........$900,000.....just to get a home.......

now, when the bubble bursts, like it always does, i can "see", many foreclosures on those high dollar mortgages.....of what, like maybe $2,000 to $4,000 a month..???

so glad my first mortgage is only like $700 a month for me........

Rideandrepair and ducnut Thank this.
  7. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yeah, but then you have to live in Michigan.

8. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    There are so many non-disclosed details that get left out of the promotion of this company’s idea. But, just on the surface, a $150K dwelling doesn’t solve anything, because people needing housing can’t afford $150K housing. It’s why they currently don’t have housing. Duh!

I left FL and moved back to IL, primarily because of the income-to-housing ratio being more manageable.

Rideandrepair and nredfor88 Thank this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    If I didn’t ever have to go to work, I’d gladly become a yooper.

Lumper Humper and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Takes all the fun out of living in a box. 150k? I don’t think so. I’d rather buy an old Trailer for $10k maybe less. Maybe free, just have to haul it away. Build a big giant carport over it. Get me a hot tub. Big screen TV. Raise some chickens. Smoke some of that legal marijuana Hell yeah!! Be livin good. Better than I am now living in this Truck.

buddyd157 and ducnut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.