16 Volvo VNL SOOT STILL BUILDING UP TOO FAST

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by FreezingHot32, Jun 27, 2022.

1. FreezingHot32

FreezingHot32 Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Upstate SC
    Hey out there I have been having an issue with frequent requested park regens. I recently had the filters baked and cleaned. I noticed that since the filter cleaning the actual regens are much quicker 15-20 mins but they are still way too frequent. Today I did a parked regen then headed down the interstate for about 45mins and it was asking for another parked regen. All help and advice is greatly appreciated!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I've had the soot problems like that from the EGR venturi ports being plugged, but the symptoms with that were also surging and lagging turbo. I've also had that problem from a bad EGR valve and faulty injector. So if you've ruled out a blockage in the system, then you need to find out why your exhaust system is not keeping the proper pressure. EGR valve opening when it's not supposed to lowers the pressure in the system. Faulty injector can cause poor combustion, which results in lower exhaust pressure. Boost leaks and exhaust leaks can affect pressure. I would test all the components before throwing parts at it. I might throw parts at it if they are high mileage parts that might need replacing soon anyway.

spsauerland and FreezingHot32 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.