18 year old gets herself spun out

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Badmon, May 18, 2019.

1. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

Her dad is the one who turned the video over to the police. This behavior wasn't learned from him.

Omega1 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Almost bet she was on the phone, chewing gum and driving while STUPID.
    YIELD these days means I have the right away. Had a Camper a few years ago. Jump on the CB asked me if I could drive? Told him yes better then you can. He comes back with I was to give him the right away. As he was merging. And was going to call my Company to get me fired. Idiot called the #, and I answered. He filled me in and I was nice.
    Then asked him how could the driver move over? When there was a school bus by him? Fool tried to tell me there was nothing beside the truck.
    That was when I told him I was the Driver, Owner and his sorry butt would learn someday now to drive.

4. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Bet that was a fun conversation! I'm not an O/O, but bet that is a great perk having your own phone number on the truck. "Go ahead, call my company"!

Bud A. and Badmon Thank this.
  5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    And this is why I slow down to let the 4 wheelers merge in if I can't get over, even fully loaded .

I bypass around Chicago 4 times a week dealing with this Crazy Krap

Their mindless and will try to accelerate their self out of the situation at the last minute instead of braking and falling behind the truck

Teenage girls are the worse

6. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I'm not so sure about the Teenage girls being the worse. My vote is for the 85 year old who is scared to death and just comes to a complete stop on the on ramp, or just keeps coming forward at a snails pace and hopes for the best outcome. I don't know, maybe it's a toss up!

tommymonza Thanks this.
  7. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Gotta agree about the old people. I spent 35 years in Gods waiting room in Naples Florida.

My mother at 65 was the scariest driver you could possibly imagine riding with.

8. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I actaully clipped a car two weeks ago going around Chicago on a Sunday night

Genus was hiding in my blind spot for miles. Never saw him until I moved over and caught his taillight with my bumper.

He admitted he was in my blind spot and it was partially his fault. Stopped at the nearest Oasis 8 miles down the road andGave him my company info as I was on the phone with Safety and kept the cops out of it.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Badmon Thanks this.
  9. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Yep, and folks who come off the ramp going 20 mph slower than traffic, who then slowly accelerate. No concept of matching speeds or that they’re impeding the flow.

Badmon, Aamcotrans and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  10. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    that trailer truck showed her.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.