1999 Intl Paystar Dash/No Start issue?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by DClark1970, May 29, 2021.

1. DClark1970

DClark1970 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2020
    I have a 1999 International Paystar 5000 w/ Cummins M11 CELCT @ 305hp. Driving yesterday, my dash needles on the inside gauges (It has the full gauge package)(I'm guessing the electric gauges) started going full sweep. The outer gauges are reading normally. This morning, trying to diagnose the issue, I tried to start - No buzzer, no continuous duty solenoid click, no gauge sweep or dash light test. Also, no start. The radio works and the CB works.

I cleaned the battery terminals (This truck is very finicky about bad connections), checked the continuous duty solenoid mounted on the RH top of the firewall - The 4-6ga lead from the battery is +12v but the trigger wire (Orange, about 14ga) coming out of the harness is dead. I checked at the ignition switch - The wires that are switched coming off of it have +12v (They look like twin dk green 14ga).

I am stumped and out of diagnostic ideas - please help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I think the starter positive post is another main junction for all power feeds. Check there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.