1999 Volvo VNL Gauge Cluster

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by humnbass, Nov 10, 2021.

1. humnbass

humnbass Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2021
    It looks like I'm going to have to replace the gauge cluster on my truck. None of the indication lights work and the low air pressure buzzer doesn't work as well. The mechanic is telling me that I'm looking at $2,500 for a new gauge cluster. (I hope he's really exaggerating). If this is the case, the new cluster will probably come with 0 miles. How do I reconcile this with the true mileage that is on the truck. The truck has 950k miles on the truck but the motor has around 30 miles on it. Also, who would you guys recommend that maybe can repair it.

thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jayfarmlaw

jayfarmlaw Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2020
    There is a guy on EBay in New Jersey that has a good reputation and lots of positive transactions. The Volvo clusters are pretty famous for the soldered connections breaking. I have the same problem on a 99 and mine will be going to him as soon as I'm done hauling hay. For now a strategic smack on the top of the cluster will bring the fuel gauge back to life, dash lights back on, blinker indicators working and making noise, and low air buzzer back to it's annoying buzzzzzzzz.

Lookfor GMSPEEDOMETERREPAIR on eBay. Send him a message with what is going on and he will respond.

Good luck, safe travels,
    Jay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.