1day Cdl an jobs

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by In transit, May 25, 2017.

1. In transit

In transit Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    I went to 1 day Cdl training in Iowa though a tech school an got grant from state ax partially unemployed a long time an where I work for 30 years, went out bussiness last year
    Sign up for it couple months back, when not work much, an have been working at low pay factory job that not. Physically demanding because of bad knee though temp agency, in last 6 wks. I am nearly 57
    I got my class A, Cdl today an it good in Iowa only as not enough training for interstate.an only reason I want training is not cost me much. The training wax like maybe 5 hours long an back up was only 1 practice an real test which was hard, pretrip practice an test an practice road test an test. Which total of 20 miles maybe an I did nearly perfect on road test an consider myself average driver, it was on a day cab, singal axle with a straight 6 spd manual an no double clutching although many yes ago

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The bad knee will limit your choices of companies, but still some will hire you.

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Let's us know if anyone hires you. I'm sure you understand with that kind of training I can't imagine the job opportunity will be very good if any. Can you imagine the field day any lawyer would have if their was an accident. Meaning no insurance company would insure a driver with 1 day training. If you do get a job it would be fun to hear about it.

bobtrucks2204 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CRST right there in Des Moines will probably hire you and put you through training. Now you just need some cdl classes so insurance companies will accept you. Stay 10 months and you're debt free and can go to other companies in Iowa such as:
    Don Hummer Trucking - Oxford
    West Side Transport - Cedar Rapids
    Schuster - Des Moines
    If you don't want to go this route, then check Craigslist and make a few dozen phone calls. Some smaller outfit might hire you and give you some further training and a job.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.