1st Accident Caught On My Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Vermaxtar, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Vermaxtar

Vermaxtar Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I was going through downtown Valdosta Ga. the other day at about 0730. We are coming up to a intersection with a light (we have the green) and the car in front of me enters the intersection. Whamo, another car runs the red light and hits the car in front of me. I got out and went to the guy that got hit and told him I had it all on video. I gave him my number and said if there were any problems to have his insurance agent call me and I would sell it to them for $50.00.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Karma's a B-----. Why wouldn't you just GIVE the guy a copy of the video? Give him your e-mail address, and if he or his insurance contacts you, send it to them. How would you like it if something happened to YOU and the only witnesses had their hands out expecting to be paid? Who's to say their story wouldn't change if the OTHER guy offered them a little more? Sorry, but that's pretty darn low in my opinion. Sure, you got it on video. Give the guy a copy or don't even bother mentioning it.

LGarrison, ethos, Wild Murphy and 33 others Thank this.
  4. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    So basically you're bragging about extortion?

5. Vermaxtar

Aug 30, 2012
    Because I need the money and it is one of the reasons I invested money on the darn thing in the first place. Hey, I don't see anything wrong with my request. I own the rights to the video and the $50.00 that the insurance company would pay me for unimpeachable proof of their client's innocence could save them thousands. I would have never sold it exclusively to the driver who was in the wrong for more money and fifty bucks is not asking for the moon. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would truly have no problem with my insurance company paying the fee and I would be happy that proof existed. In the end it's business, strictly business.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    rachi Thanks this.
  6. Vermaxtar

Aug 30, 2012
    Extortion? No, it's not extortion. Extortion exists when there would be repercussions from me if they didn't pay up. It is a legitimate business deal as I own the rights to the video. . Like I said before, the $50.00 for the video could save the insurance company thousands. It's a win, win situation for everyone involved. My conscience is clear.

rachi Thanks this.
  7. positiveone

positiveone Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    North Augusta, SC
    Oh well, so much for just helping someone because you want to.....GOT TO HAVE SOMETHING IN RETURN....so sad

misterG, djtrype, tsavory and 8 others Thank this.
  8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yeah, I gotta agree. I get a bigger kick from turning down payment for things than receiving or asking for it.

You were in the right place at the right time. Given the headaches this guy has got right now - wouldn't you just give him your contact details and be as helpful as you can if he did need your help?

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I think you stole our Silverado - Metallic Cherry Red 08 crew cab?

joseph1135 and truckon Thank this.
  10. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    maybe the ins. co will just get a warrant and take the video due to it being integral to their clients innocence.

CrappieJunkie, misterG, tow614 and 3 others Thank this.
  11. WesternEmpire

WesternEmpire Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    The repercussions in this case is not haveing the evidence to clear oneself without paying for it. Basically, if you don't pay, you can't prove your version of events, good luck in court.

Douche move by the way, thanks for making the rest of the industry look like greedy money grubbers.

Wild Murphy, Dreamboat, tow614 and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.