1st Accident Caught On My Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Vermaxtar, Jun 21, 2015.

1. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Once years back between El Paso and Van Horn Texas a driver ran out of fuel going west, I was headed East. I stopped and we took 15 gallons of fuel out of my truck to put in his truck so that he could get to the next truck stop.

I did not charge him one cent. But many of todays drivers wants the money and they charge any time they help anyone in any manner. Yesterday truck drivers were a completely different set of drivers.

icsheeple, truckon and ira1377 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    What if the driver that got hit didn't have the 50 bucks. Say he was broke also. I know I wouldn't have it. yea so let his insurance pay for it right ? And than his premium go's up ! Nice move. Thanks for nothing !

truckon Thanks this.
  4. rasymacmac21

rasymacmac21 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    East of the Mississippi.
    Lol @ this. The struggle must be real. You could've mentioned everything else except for the culprit.

5. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    I agree with your second paragraph with one alteration.....In years past, virtually everyone (with very few exceptions of course) in a position to, would help someone else in need. Unfortunately in todays society, we are a fast dying breed.
    In this day in age it's pretty much the opposite; everyone (again with just a few exceptions) is out to f*#k everyone else that they can, sometimes for no reason at all. Sad, sad state of affairs if you ask me......

Night Prowler, MJ1657 and truckon Thank this.
  6. lee2442

lee2442 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    there
    you sir are part of the problem with the world. nobody wants to do anything if there is nothing in it for them.. i stopped to help two people who ran over nails and got flats, guess i should have charged them 25 a piece to change two tires plus the use of my jack.

icsheeple, joseph1135, tsavory and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    @Vermaxtar. Do we need too fund you a kickstarter? $50 :laughing5::laughing5::laughing5:
    You that hard up for $50?!

I'm embarrassed for you... $50?!?!:laughing5::laughing5::laughing5:.

It's probably 240p quality shot with trucker boogers on the lens. :confused1:

joseph1135, lee2442 and truckon Thank this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Did you get the 50 bucks??

9. BeanDip

BeanDip Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    S.W Michigan
    Lawyers don't buy evidence, they subpoena it. If they know you have it, and find out you've destroyed it, you could face criminal charges.

They will pay for expert testimony, but as they are not looking for testimony from a professional douche, you likely wont see any money.

truckon Thanks this.
  10. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Sometimes it's not about money. It's about doing the right thing.. You say you need the money.... I say what you need is a new company.

11. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.