1st Year Hauling Fuel in Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by DrtyDiesel, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    I miss the country life too. Moving from Maine to Portland has been an adjustment. 3000 people to 500k has been the biggest. Trying to convince my girlfriend to move to Bend. I love it over there.

Jackson does load pay up here and from what I've heard they make good money, if I had to guess somewhere in the $25-$30/hr ballpark. It's around what I'm making but I just like knowing that no matter what, I'm getting paid.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Well if that works for you, I love my hourly pay plus OT after 10/40 and double time and a half for holidays. He'll even if I go home early I still get paid for 10hrs

Bigdaddy00 and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    We hire just depends on who you know

5. Salted

Salted Light Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Im glad you got a good job but there are better paying gas companies. Up here in the NE our guys bring hone 2k a week running the 5 to 5. Percentage at 33% the load haulling 9k gallons. Even sludge pays 1200 a week take home. Hold up pay is your hourly rate. Mine is 17.5. But like i said im not trying to knock you down but i think you could find something that buts a few more pennies in your pocket

6. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL

You also have to look at my location. I make darn good money for where I live, especially compared to a few of the others fuel hauling companies around where I live.

There's an o/o that wants to hire me on with keenan. we split 50/50 what the truck makes after fuel. He's got a driver on another truck I've talked to who makes about $1200/week on average after all expenses. BUT, I'm very happy with where I work and the people I work with. It really means more to me than making more money.

Plus there are a lot of guys who work here who have gone to other companies around jax and have always come back because they make more at Eagle. What I made was just my first year, and on top of that the first 5 months of last year were very slow for me since I was still getting into my groove with things.

If things go the way I expect them to this year, I should be able to clear $65k since I'll be gaining experience pay now.

All in all, I'm just really happy where I work and the people I work with. I actually look forward to work lol

7. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    That last sentence is the most important thing DD. I'm sure I'll feel the same way once I make my move to Carson in a couple of weeks.

Dinomite and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  8. Wade68

Wade68 Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Port Richey, FL
    Happy for ya man. I miss Jax. Spent 7 yrs at Cecil Field then became a deputy for 15yrs in Pinellas. Just starting my career in trucking. Being happy/content with your work is 90 percent of the battle. Lord knows i hated doing cop work. Keep up the good work n be safe.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  9. DrtyDiesel

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thanks wade!

I was in corrections and know what you mean.

I mainly enjoy the moral around our terminal, very good work environment. I'm hoping this year I can get my big safety bonus at the end of the year lol.

Wade68 and The Challenger Thank this.
  10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Hay DD heard it snowed today in Jacksonville ...... Join in the fun He He !

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  11. DrtyDiesel

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah I didn't believe my coworker until he told me it was snowing and showed me a pic. Not much but still snow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.