1ton owner op

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by kenworth_winch, May 7, 2019.

1. kenworth_winch

kenworth_winch Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2014
    can anyone point me in the right direction to find a company in western canada(preferably alberta) that hire 1 ton owner ops, to Haul flat deck goosenecks or enclosed? Running either US or western Canada. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I can't point you to a company or a direction, but I might be able to give you a few ideas that might stir your thoughts.
    I know people who have done what you intend and did pretty well, but they were motivated and found their own customers to work for on a regular or semi regular basis.
    An old friend of mine had a deal where he would haul styrofoam from MB to ON and car top aluminum boats and other things like pop up tent trailers coming home.
    There were other things he hauled that were high volume and low weight, PVC products, hot tubs and etc.
    This is what I would ponder, think of things as described, high volume and low weight, also high value cargo that may be delicate that require special attention or service like medical products, products that are in demand or could be in the future, from manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, dealers.
    Spend a day on the interweb doing some research, contact some of them and pop some questions, do a little constructive questioning and get an idea and a feel of how things are done, what are their transport needs and rates, blah blah blah, after a few calls you should have a ballpark idea.

Another avenue is to look at messenger services and their networks.

Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.