2 Killed Dallas I-35 wreck today, Trucker not involved

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by NavigatorWife, Aug 21, 2012.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19328039/2-killed-in-fiery-freeway-crash?obref=obinsite

Hope this works, This wasn't the truckers fault.

DALLAS -A deadly accident that will most likely close a major Dallas freeway for the rest of the morning may have been caused by a drunken driver.
    It involved seven vehicles in a chain reaction and tied up traffic on southbound I-35E about 5 am in Dallas this morning. Those killed were in a car that hit a retaining wall.

Southbound I-35E was backed up for miles, and some impatient drivers -- including at least one DART bus -- were exiting the wrong way on a freeway on-ramp at Clarendon Drive until police posted a car at that ramp.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19328039/2-killed-in-fiery-freeway-crash?obref=obinsite#ixzz24DxB10iw

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silenteagle

silenteagle Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ozark, MO
    Death of a driver. Bet this driver will have this put on his record, even though he was not aaactively involved in the accident/wreck.

4. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

wow..what a mess.....and yep....hope to goodness that driver did have all his ducks in a row...cuz even tho it wasnt his fault....if his log book was off and he shouldnt have been there...it will be his fault....you know how that goes....

5. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    Did anyone notice in the right hand side of that link in the "Most Popular" column. The story of the dead body found in the bob-tail truck. Wonder what happened there?
    Trucker,no doubt was involved there. Murdered or murderer. My guess is the driver of this truck was jacked-up and murdered in a local truck stop. He was then stuffed back in his truck to be dumped later and his truck would have conveniently made it down to Mexico.

Drivers be careful out there this stuff happens all the time. Make sure you park in secure areas as often as you can.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  6. IceCreator

IceCreator Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Theres a thread on that

7. NavigatorWife

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL

So far they are not releasing much in the way of info, so it is still unclear who was who on this one. The driver did have blood on his clothes though also, now who knows if he is really the driver or not.

8. NavigatorWife

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL

We stopped at one of those roadside rest areas with no bathrooms one time in Iowa where a p/u truck pulled out of and a red car pulled in front of us, the guy kept looking like he was watching for something, then the white p/u pulled up in the back of us. We finished eating and hightailed it out of there. Don't know if they were legit or not, but there was plenty of room to pull off ahead of us or over on the other side, so who knows.

We also never went anywhere without the otherone. It seems like there are too many women coming up missing also from TS or otherwise to be safe.

9. NavigatorWife

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL

I hope he is able to stay in the clear since the blue car ran under his truck and cut it in half; guess he lived. It was the ones in a cadillac who bounced off of it who didn't. I'm not sure how many cars were involved in the speeding to begin with. Stupidity and drinking don't mix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.