2 Killed in Logging Truck Crash with ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by joerobinson1030, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    good thing that show isn't on anymore.

in the beginning, Todd was "smart" and could handle many things.

as the show went on for some more seasons, they seemed to have "dumbed down" Todd, what a shame too.

at least, in this accident, he was not the cause of it, but rather the old man, crossing the centerline.

of course too, this story is from a law firm, pointing out the crashes with logging trucks...

Lepton1, mjd4277 and Puppage Thank this.
  3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I noticed that too, reads like a long ad for a personal injury lawyer.

Lepton1, allniter and mjd4277 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't find this credible.

If it's a news item with a wreck that's fine.

But this is a advertisement article. Full of call me 800 big dollah. Come on now fellas....

5. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    If your going to talk about log trucks at least know what the hell your talking about....the FMCSA has established an extensive list of regulations and requirements for hauling lumber.
    Log trucks don't haul Lumber, flatbeds haul Lumber. Lumber is what logs are processed into at a mill.

Lepton1, Bud A., mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Guess things must be getting off to a slow start on the Ice Road, Todd was one of that company's "go to" drivers (according to Todd)

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, but in the following years since his arrival on the show, they dumbed him down..he had been crossing iced over lakes in the past, and did it with no problems, then suddenly he was nervous or worried about his experience.?? or what to do..???

even "Lisa" who was good at pushing another truck up a hill, chaining, and driving, was suddenly someone who didn't know what to do.....???

the show went to the circular file.

maybe the producers dumbed them down, for the dumb 4 wheelers that watched it.

it was rather good the first "few" years. gave me something to watch before Saturday Night Live came on.

Lepton1, brian991219 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It went down hill after one of the producers almost killed Hugh in a pickup truck accident...leaving him without use of "little Hugh"

9. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, i seem to recall a lawsuit.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Now Lisa is one Driver I could run with because she knew her *&^% more or less.

There was another, a younger one I think is famous for the 40 foot pull ahead into a DOT scale overweight.

In short there were some BS about the show here and there, but nothing too outrageous until they apparently collectively started to as you all said dumb it down. Truicking is FUN they said. It's ENTERTAINING they said. Ultimately after a few hours ...

ARE WE THERE YEEEEET!?

I have the history channel and such on my dish and frankly some of the material is a wasteful rerun or a rehash of something that has managed to be a rerun so much Ive memoried it years back.

Ive been leaning this way and that towards picking up a Roku or something and experimenting with it and ditching the dish. But we will see how it goes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.