2 years and you'll have it made...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Mar 21, 2020.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    For all of you looking at what to expect. Put in your two years. Then you'll have it made.
    I got jobs coming out the ying yang now. 2 years 3 months. Do have 48 dac points. Regardless..

Have had two jobs the last month at one time.
    Although I like this one. No way. Pressure gets on him. He loses it. Worried he's gonna try to short me on pay or reimbursement. He still wants me to stay. ??? Besides...
    I did really like where I worked for Crete. Walked out, 6 weeks ago. Had to make a statement on wasting my time on truck repairs. It's straightened out. They understand. Going back next week. They also promised me a brand new truck. :)

Local Oil Company contracted me. Asking if I'm still interested in hauling gasoline. I don't think so. Not for $65K a year tops. Always hauling into Wyoming? Got to be kidding. Should include hazard pay for Wyoming.

Wallyworld tried to get me to apply. No thank you. Too anal.

Guy I worked for doing pneumatic tanker. Asking me about going back. No thanks. Pay too low. On call all the time too.

Still have an OO willing to talk. Buy a truck. Set me up with Landstar. No thanks. Got my reasons. Not for me.

Schneider keeps sending me emails. :happy1:

I even got a guy contacting me through indeed because of my background Testing Electrical Apparatus. Big money. Last time I checked. Guys were making 1/4 million a year in 07. Always working. Time demands are ludicrous. Almost killed me with diabetes. No amount of money is worth it at one point.

So I got all kinds of jobs wanting me. I'm going back to Crete next week. It was good. Real good. Liked it alot. No BS. Admit... hated the peoplelogs.

I just put this up to let you newbies know. You'll have it made after two years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    What the Hell are dac points?

Brettj3876, ZVar and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Those are the points you get on violatins, or tickets, etc.

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    So fake points. DAC is just a fake program.

6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I think those are CSA points .But those go to the company. You have a PSP report but there are no point values assigned.

ZVar and WesternPlains Thank this.
  7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    There is a definite rebellion going on against those points...csa...whatever you want to call it.
    The one ticket I know I have. It doesn't show on my drivers license report.
    DOT told me they don't like that points stuff one bit. They hide stuff from the FMCSA on purpose.

Coffey Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about this company?
    Green Products Company
    www.greenproducts.com
    Green Products Company is a family-owned agricultural processing and transportation company. Together, we pursue business excellence with integrity, respect and compassion.

Trailers
    • Reefer - We utilize an extensive fleet of 2012 and newer Great Dane reefer trailers.
    • Van Trailers
    • Live Bottom Trailers
    • Convertible Hopper Bottom Trailers
    [​IMG]

RunningAces and WesternPlains Thank this.
  9. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I appreciate the thought, chinatown.
    I'm really happy with Crete. The Wallyworld dedicated out of North Platte. Operations is great. Absolutely no BS out of them. Only reason I won't get my 34 at home each week. It has to be my choice. Otherwise they get me home. Come hell or high water. No BS.

dwells40 and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Some companies have a cap on CSA points. The company I’m leased to it is 15

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  11. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Congrats on 2 years. It does open doors

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.