2 yr Exp. Seeking OTR employment on H2B Visa

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Hirparachirag, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hirparachirag

Hirparachirag Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Hello,

I am seeking a position that allows H2B employment visa.

I am Canadian PR holder, living in Canada, and have 2 years of CDL experience (dry van & reefer) in Canada-USA. Mostly in the states.

My CDL is 4 years old. History/abstract is clean. No Demerits, no moving violation. A Few clean (with No Violations) American level 1,2,3 inspections on record.

I am seeking an OTR position.

Please respond to this thread if you have approved H2B or know some companies who allows foreign talent.

Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Your h2b visas a temporary work permit? It says it can't be transferred from one employer to another, so does that mean we would have to reapply for your h2b if you came to work for us?

You're a permanent resident of Canada, but what is your country of citizenship?

There are NAFTA Exempted loads going back and forth between the US and Canada. Which part of Canada do you live in? Quebec back by any chance?

4. kaf

kaf Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Montreal Canada
    Hello I'm another driver who is looking for a job in States.Do you have temporary labor certification for H-2B workers. I'm from Ontario and I cross border daily.As Canadian driver I can drop, pick up an empty and get loaded,or live unload and load the same empty, or pick up loaded . The same rules apply to US driver in Canada in all province's

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    While it is true that the H2b visa is temporary visa while its valid if the employer no longer requires you to work you can transfer to another company that has been approved by INS for H2b visas I know this because we had a number of visa holders that came to work at LW's some came across from Calark and some from D& D Sexton. So no if your company already holds H2b visas you can apply for a transfer to make it all legal. If however their visa's have expired then they must return to their home country and reapply at the appropriate US consulate.

Northeasterner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.