20 Cascadia, brake assist, stability control & adaptive cruise.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by twelve25oh9, Nov 11, 2021.

1. twelve25oh9

twelve25oh9 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    Does anyone here know why my assisted braking, stability control, and adaptive cruise stop working every time I hook up to a different trailer? I like the adaptive cruise feature but can’t use it when this happens. After I get on the road, then stop for my break, then resume driving, it seems to have worked itself out. After I drop a trailer and grab a new one, it doesn’t work again. The techs in my company shop say it happens and if they tried to run code on it it would show clean, so, effectively, they’re no help. Any advice other than get a new truck is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Most Company Techs couldn't troubleshoot a Zippo Lighter. Truck should be under Warranty. Let the Stealership figure it out.

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Try pulling trailer 10 to 20 feet then shut truck off . Trailer might be throwing a abs code until wheels do a few revolutions. When you restart truck it doesn’t see code and allows cruise again .

tscottme and twelve25oh9 Thank this.
  5. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Had issues with my cruise control
    Similar to that on my 2021.
    Adaptive cruise is taped up and covered hate that crap.

tscottme and shatteredsquare Thank this.
  6. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    if you hold down the up and down arrows on the controller as you turn the key on, it starts up disabled, no beeps, no chirps, no braking for shadows, no seatbelt checks for bridges, no physical evidence of tampering with or mitigating safety equipment, just glorious silence and mechanical unconcerned-with-4-wheeler-proximity throttle fixation

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.