2000 Century with close to 2M miles - buy or pass

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Dedrick, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Tell him five grand and as long as it makes a couple miles you should break even

CellNet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    In my own, personal opinion, I wouldn't touch a truck worth less than $35-40k if I wanted to earn a living with it. Even then, I wouldn't count out having to dump $10k into within the first year.

blairandgretchen and pavrom Thank this.
  4. Dedrick

Dedrick Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2016
    My thoughts exactly

boneebone Thanks this.
  5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Some people still believe in fairy tales !
    8k looks like trash but mechanically perfect and no paperwork ( the only receipt for the bungee and duct tape that holding the headlight in place ) :)

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    At 2M. I'd venture to say that it's had at least 1 rebuild. It could have been 1.5M ago though.

Old trucks might be nice. But that's a 20 year old truck. And nothing lasts forever. Even plastic breaks.

I drive an 07 to prove it.

Wiring gets brittle. Radiators, Trans, Rear ends, bushings, shocks, etc. The list goes on and on and on and on.

As for power. All trucks do great BOBTAIL.

Put a load on it and see how it goes. 80k will show a whole lot more then 20k truck alone.

Blowby?

Did you look it over before AND after the drive. He could have power washed the brakes. Clean when you look at it. But how about you look and drove it. Are they still clean or is there now an oil leak. Yes. There's 1 guy in Tucson that does that. You can see his truck lot next to the freeway if he's still in business at that location.

Final note that no one has mentioned on here yet. Business partners never go good.

boneebone Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.