2001 Kenworth with 53' trailer for sale

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by BCHines, May 22, 2011.

1. BCHines

BCHines Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Boston, MA

I believe I said much the same thing as above in my last post with one exception. When leased on, it is the responsibility of the carrier to provide the cargo and liaibility. Why lease on if you need to provide your own? As far as it being a cost - yes, it is a cost. It's a cost the carrier covers in the amount the carrier withholds from the gross proceeds - either a percentage or in this case a monthly fee. So if you want to look at it that way, the lease on is in fact paying for it - one way or another.

Also, I do my own dispatch. On more than one ocasion I was asked to provide a carriers insurance cert that furnished my vehicle vin # and the name of my business as the insured. It may be redundant, but some brokers do require it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I don't recall ever having a broker ask for the vin numbers on my equipment. Nor do I remember any asking me to provide an insurance certificate with specific equipment listed. I have had them ask for equipment numbers, but that is only a number assigned to the vehicle, not the vin. Perhaps it is because you are getting your own loads while operating under someone else's authority.

4. BCHines

BCHines Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Boston, MA

Could be. I have not been in this business long enough to know either way.

Just want to make it clear that I have no vested interest either monetary or otherwise in linking the prospective buyer of my truck and trailer to the this carrier or any other carrier. It is not a part of the sale.

The mention of this arrangement was put forth as an additional option if a buyer was looking for such an option and that is all.

For those of you looking for more info on my truck and trailer, please contact me.

Thanks,
    Brian
    781-752-6749

5. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Hey G/Man,,you a member of USAA?

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    trucks are easier to sell without the trailers. especially dry vans. there is no money in dry vans for owner ops so it's not a trailer someone would usually buy who would also be interested in the truck

that C12 isn't helping ya either.

7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

No, I am not a member. What is USAA?

8. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I apologize for changing subject for a minute...

USAA is an online bank for Military and family, it had a post for G Man on their home page...just checking..LOL

Have a great day all..

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I thought that might be the organization to which you were referring. I am still not a member. I am sorry that I missed the post.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.