2001 kw w9 n14 celect plus red top

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Saldeere, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Saldeere

Saldeere Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2020
    Hey guys having an issue of truck stalling wile slowing down and runs rough time to time not constantly i un hooked fuel solenoid and truck kept running thought that was it bought a new one and its the same unhooked new one teuck still runs checked fuel lines and pressurized them incase of a plug and same problem it will run good cold like normal for a hr and also struggles too start in mornings have also cleaned check valve that goes out of ecm cooler plate any tips or idea will help thanks

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michael 247

Michael 247 Heavy Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Dublin Va
  4. Saldeere

Saldeere Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2020
    Checked it no visible anything looked clean and has less then 3k miles on it

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The fact it works with the solenoid unhooked and then stumbles with it reconnected would make me lean towards an electrical problem related to the solenoid wiring. I'd start there.

6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    When you take 12v away from the solenoid the motor should shut off. I would check fuel pressure. Check the voltage at the solenoid when it acts up.

7. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Does the engine shut down like normal when the key is turned off? Or does it “diesel” down slowly as it starves for fuel and slowly dies.
    The thumb screw could be turned in a little not letting the shutoff disc seat to seal off the fuel.

I’ve seen thumbscrews that are too long that don’t allow fuel to shut off completely. ( there were a few different lengths throughout the years)

The pressure head that the solenoid is mounted to can crack and suck air into the system on its way to the injectors.

There were the odd and rare 24v solenoid that will work with 12v but not for long. They were an industrial application and look identical. All the solenoids are stamped with voltage by the wire stud.

spsauerland and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.