2002 w900 HVAC diagam

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by 1qwkgoat, Mar 20, 2019.

1. 1qwkgoat

1qwkgoat Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Can anyone post pictures of the HVAC assembly and wiring diagram? I need to see the in dash part, pretty sure I have a bad blend door. Last summer ac worked great, heat worked good this winter. However it was either full ac or full heat(temperature). When switching back to cool it would take several minutes, I believe that was the time for the heater core to cool off after the coolant flow was stopped.

This week it's been warm enough for AC however all I get is ambient temperature air. Compressore is running etc. The sleeper blows A/C temperature air. I believe my blend door doesn't work. I don't have much HVAC experience though.

Would be a plus if you had the sleeper diagrams to as it doesn't switch to heat(pretty sure it the valve in the coolant line stuck shut)

Going to attempt to take it apart tomorrow, have had the glove box and lower panel out before but couldn't see how the rest came apart

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    There is no blend door, has water control valve @ the firewall passenger side.

pushbroom and 1qwkgoat Thank this.
  4. 1qwkgoat

1qwkgoat Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2017
    I found that it opens and closes. I assume it's closing all the way as it'll lose all the "heat". But sence I've had the truck even last year when the ac was working good out of the dash. Slowly adjusting the temperature knob. it would stay fully cold air until somewhere past the middle where one more slight adjustment would give full hot heat. Doesn't seem right. Maybe something is blocked inside the box with leaves dirt etc.

5. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    If it has electronic actuators it might be that or the actual switch. I have one that gets half way and then if you turn the knob just a bit more the actuator will go fully hot. Bad temperature control knob switch.

1qwkgoat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.