2005 Peterbilt 379 breather light problems

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Morristhompson5, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Morristhompson5

Morristhompson5 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2021
    Looking for help with my breather lights. I installed and wired up my breather lights on my truck about 6 months ago. Everything has worked great. Went to wire up a mirror dual faced light today and was going to tie into the breather lights. I must have wired the lights backwards and lost my breather lights. I’ve searched the truck up and down for a fuse or relay. Can’t find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LEDs only work with power on one side. Did you change that?

4. Morristhompson5

Morristhompson5 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2021
    Well I undid the wiring coming from the mirror lights after I noticed my breather lights quit on me. I haven’t changed any part of my breather wiring because they have worked perfectly until I tried to wire up the mirror lights. Then I figured I must have blew a fuse but have looked everywhere for a fuse/relay that pertains to the breather lights but cannot find anything. (Will mention that all fuses in fuse box have been tested with a test light and are all properly working)

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Possibly your issue is a connection having moisture/corrosion in it. Cut the wire if you hard wired it and look for a greenish corrosion. It doesn’t take much corrosion to effect the performance of LED’s. On my 389 that fuse is under the hood and not the floorboard box in the cab. The factory plugs on mine corroded after a couple years so I cut them out and hardwired them with heat shrink around the connections and haven’t had an issue with them since.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.