2005 Volvo Cummins ISX 530 fuel prime pump not pumpin

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by grishaparchuk, Oct 21, 2018.

1. grishaparchuk

grishaparchuk Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Hey can any one help me with my 2005 Volvo Cummins isx 530. The fuel prime pump not pumping when turning the egnition on, looks like their is no power going to prime pump, is their a fuse or relay?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snaponfan1

Snaponfan1 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2018
    There should be an inline fuse holder along the harness on the d/s rear of the engine

4. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    On my experience with the ISX, the fuel prime pump gets its power from the same supply as the ECM power. The ECM power wire might be heavily corroded. Your inline fuse should be in or around your battery box. Sometimes those get corroded or need to be reinserted. And there’s a squarish relay, like a plug, that’s pokes out the wiring harness, probably on the drivers side. That’s the fuel prime pump relay, if you have a power probe you could unplug the relay and send 12v power to the relay with the aligator clip ground to the other side and listen for clicking. If it doesn’t click the relay is probably bad

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    There is a 10 amp fuse that powers a relay and the ecm triggers the relay to turn on the pump. The fuse and relay are part of the Cummins engine harness.

spsauerland Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.