2006 780 w/ ultrashift growling when taking off from a stop

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by CruisingAlong, Sep 28, 2015.

1. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Probably for that clutch looking around 1800 to 2000 if u need input shaft replaced looking at about 2500 that's top and probably 2 days down time at the most

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Easy Going

Easy Going Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2015
    HI bro, I am wondering if you finally got the growling noise fix at your untra shift. The same thing is going on my freightliner columbia utra smart shift. Brand new clutch was change August last year 2018. Whenever I come to a stop, then trying to take off it happens. Please let me know what you did to take care of this. I don't want to start spending money just like that guessing. All the things you wrote here is exactly what is going on in my truck. This particular happens mostly all the time but mainly when I am heavily loaded..this is my email. Your reply will be highly appreciated eogbonna60@gmail.com

4. Vaso.L

Vaso.L Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    South Holland,IL
    I just bought 2008 volvo with this tranny and it makes the noise when engaging in 1st gear and reverse,965k miles,no check engine light,also vibrates like crazy around 55-60

5. althebig

althebig Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Did you guys figure out what exactly is the problem with the growling noise? I have same issue with my truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.