2006 9400i fault code 128:F13 PID 027?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by 9400i, Mar 2, 2014.

1. 9400i

9400i Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    olathe,kansas
    A few weeks ago this started coming up after the truck is running, but not until I come to a stop and sit for a few minutes. After I get going a couple of miles it will go off.
    Two days ago it came on as I was going around a curve and stayed on for a mile,or so. What the hell is this?

And if thats not enough my ABS light came on a couple of days ago and now I also get> 136:F02 SID 009. Is this a sensor malfunction because I checked my fuses and all seem good.

Any insights ?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    We see this all the time. The LCD display was never designed to properly display fault codes. It is not meant to be a code reader. It does not display codes properly and will display codes with errors which can send you on a wild goose hunt. You should only be trouble shooting problems when you have either the WARN engine or ABS warning lights on with the proper scan tool plugged in.
    Check this out for more info;
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...nal-forum/204043-fault-codes.html#post3094907

9400i Thanks this.
  4. 9400i

9400i Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    olathe,kansas
    Thanks for the come back. I read the fault codes info from previous posts that you replied to,or someone did. Anyway, the closest I could get is value just above and just below the PID 027. One was an indication of EGR, the other was turbo.

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The numbers displayed really aren't much help. The numbers are more of a message, not really a fault code. The 128 is an address for the engine. F13 is simply the number of messages. PID 027 is parameter id of the suspect failed part, but this is only partial information and this is what is commonly incorrect.

9400i Thanks this.
  6. 9400i

9400i Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    olathe,kansas
    ...and thank you again 'HeavyD'.
    So I have another good one for you Sir.
    As the days start getting colder (like, 35 or below) I start getting some sporadic ,but ever so annoying
    issues going on with the datalink. Like, all of the gauges go full up, I get a buzzer then maybe everything comes back on,but most often everything stays that way for a few seconds, then I get 10 beeps of the buzzer then my little display says 'No Datalink". Somedays it may say that all day, on the most annoying days it will do this every 30 seconds.
    Would you have any encouraging words for this situation? Or, do I just wait it out 'till spring thaw?

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Chances are the wiring is rubbed through somewhere and is just at the point of being fully broken. The temps is causing contraction in the wiring which is causing intermittent circuit interruptions. 90% of the time the harness is rubbed through somewhere over the rocker cover area/fire wall area if you have an ISX.

QUALITYTRUCK and 9400i Thank this.
  8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    One of the reasons I used a Scangauge on my 2006 9400i (and my present 2013 FL). It actually gave me the real codes and I could even clear the minor ones. Most get the Scangauge for all the other goodies like average mpg, boost, cost per mile on fuel, and a host of other features, but it also allows pulling up codes and dealing with them.

http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauged/

9400i Thanks this.
  9. 9400i

9400i Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    olathe,kansas
    Ok. I will have to get out there and look a little closer at the harness. It is 7 degrees right now after it snowed a little this morning so not in a big hurry. I had read somewhere that pulling the ABS relay and see if it is this circuit that is the culprit had worked for someone else. Any thoughts on this option?...And yes, I do have an ISX.

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes, absolutely. Anything that communicates on that datalink can contribute to corruption. If you have a satellite, driver information display or even the boost gauge on some trucks is actually a datalink driven gauge. Datalinks can be a real pita to troubleshoot because they tie into so much. An actual wire problem is the more likely culprit. When inspecting the wiring, also focus on areas where the loom is tight or contacting another surface. The plastic the loom is made of becomes very hard to the point it will saw right through the wiring inside of it. The loom will look fine on the outside, but the wiring will be damaged on the inside. Fun eh?

11. 9400i

9400i Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2014
    olathe,kansas
    I don't know if my phone will be what I'm going to have. I went out there a little while ago and started the truck and pulled the ABS relay and my data link was still not working. This has actually been going on for about 4 years, but it only does it in the cold weather.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.