2007 and older trucks beware.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by jimmyboy, Mar 17, 2019.

1. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2016
    [​IMG]
    A friend of mine send me this picture when he get back to the yard (Ontario, California).The owner of the ticket park just a few spot from him.He said all the trucks that's 2007 and older will get this citation, no matter if you drive,enter, park in California. They don't care if you have an aftermarket DPF filter installed.
    This poor guy have 2002 FLD and his son has 2004 FLD also.Both lost their job and their truck and if they don't pay for the tickets, they might end up lost their license too.

Lepton1 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Doesn't say anything about what ot was for. For all we know it could be a fine for a delete.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No. It's not a delete coded violation.

HEAVY-DUTY VEHICLE INSPECTION PROGRAM VIOLATIONS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS)
    • 2182 EXCESSIVE SMOKE
    • 2183 EMISSION CONTROL LABEL
    • 2183 TAMPERING
    • 2184 REFUSE INSPECTION
    The HDVIP program requires heavy-duty trucks and buses to be inspected for excessive smoke, tampering, and engine certification label compliance. Any heavy-duty vehicle traveling in California, including vehicles registered in other states and foreign countries, may be tested. CARB inspection teams perform tests at border crossings, CHP weigh stations, fleet facilities, and randomly selected roadside locations. Owners of trucks and buses found in violation are subject to penalties. To Clear an HDVIP Citation:
    A citation notification letter will be sent to the responsible party by certified mail with instructions on how to clear the citation. Within the citation due date stated in the citation notification letter, you must do the following:

• Pay the civil penalty as set forth in 13 CCR 2180-2189 and provide proof of correction as follows:
    • For Emission Control Labels, provide a copy of the invoice from the engine dealer that clearly shows that a new label has been installed on the cited vehicle.
    • For Excessive Smoke, provide a passing opacity test, or documentation showing transfer of vehicle ownership if the vehicle has been sold, or documentation showing that the vehicle is non-operational if it has been junked.
    • For Tampering, a copy of a valid repair order showing which parts were replaced to correct the violation.

If you have questions about an ATCM or HDVIP citation received pertaining to any of the programs listed above, and the citation number begins with three letters, such as TRU, ORE, CVI, ECL, T01, T02, S01, S02, DTR, PAU, REF, SBI, SWC, STB, NOV or GHG you may contact the Diesel Hotline

25(2)+2, x1Heavy and ZVar Thank this.
  5. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    They can’t fine you if you don’t operate in California.

6. jimmyboy

Mar 11, 2016
    If your truck registered outside California and you are not come in to California, you'll be fine.

x1Heavy, blade, Joetro and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Are you sure it’s legitimate? That P.O. Box isn’t the same one listed online. Looks pretty amateurish for a government citation. Just a thought.

8. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Screw CA. Let 'em starve.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Did a search and found this....
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3tS0E7i1q-Sx_8VIrOQjN4

It deals with marine vessels, but it does give that po box for accounts for carb. And that link is from carb.

The amateurish letter with no citation is why I doubt it's general to all 2007's and must be for something specific. I guessed a delete, but looks like I was wrong on that guess.

10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    This guy operates out of Ontario, CA and he was unaware you can't operate a pre 2008 truck in California!!!??? Man, that's either the definition of stupidity or the guy knew all along it wasn't legal and was hoping to not get caught. I hope they catch a lot more of these folks, put them out of business or force them to pony up for a compliant truck. Then rates will go up.

11. jimmyboy

Mar 11, 2016
    Maybe they use different P.O.Box for citations and payment. And when you send them the check,payee will be CARB anyway.There is also phone number listed on the paper that you can call.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.