2009 prime inc cascadia

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Alanp613, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    I have a 09 cascadia that i purchased from freightliner about a year ago, recently the alarm keypad is starting to act up, it wont register one of the numbers when the weather is code and when it is warmed up, I have to press really hard on it to get it to respond. anyone else have a old prime truck that has this issue? Ive asked freightliner and they have no idea what to do with it, or uninstall it. which makes no sense given the fact i purchased the truck thru selectrucks. Anyways any advice would be appreciated..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Its basically car alarm equipment that is installed by Prime in new units when they arrive at their terminal. You could try talking to some of the places that sell that sort of stuff to four wheelers... I'll bet if the first one you try can't help you, they'll be able to point you to who could.

4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Chase the wires and you'll most likely find a relay. Bypass the relay and all should be well. I haven't seen or worked on a car alarm keypad since maybe 95! Post pics if you need help with the relay.

Alanp613 Thanks this.
  5. Thundercat

Thundercat Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Take keypad apart , clean it, seems like you need a new keypad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.