2010 Isx 1 Engine SCR Low Exhaust Gas Pressure

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Night Train Logistics, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Night Train Logistics

Night Train Logistics Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Fort Payne, AL
    My first week driving this 2010 Peterbilt 386 15 Liter ISX 1 Engine Certified Clean Idle set at 475 HP with 683000 miles.

SCR but does not use def fluid.

Getting up to 7.2 mpg but mostly about 6.5 mpg at 65 mph

The problem is on the little computer on the dash from time to time the check engine light comes on and says.

Low Exhaust Gas Pressure,

It stays on for a few minuets then goes out. with little or no change in engine performance.

However last night it went in to derated power with no turbo boost at all, ZERO

So pulled over to this side of the Interstate and it was Idling at 1000 rpm, Looked under hood and every thing looked normal.

After sitting there for a few minuets I said the heck with it and got back on the road.

The truck was pulling an empty trailer and would only go 59 mph with no turbo boost at all..

Then after about 3 miles or so it went back to operating like normal. 70 mph + and up to 30 pounds of boost..

Can any one tell me whats a going on with this thing. thanks to all that reply..

P.S. Guess I will be looking for a Certified Cummins shop on my way From New Orleans Monday.

I am hoping I don't end up on the side of the express way tomorrow:biggrin_25524:.
    _20150116_021204.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Perhaps the DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst) is plugged, it's the first filter that reacts with the DEF fluid to lower the NoX.

Night Train Logistics Thanks this.
  4. Night Train Logistics

Jun 20, 2012
    Fort Payne, AL
    Thank you sir for your reply.

I do not know any thing about these new computer emission engines but this one does not use def fluid..

It has the SCR only. Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Catalyst

5. Night Train Logistics

Jun 20, 2012
    Fort Payne, AL
    Dear Sir.

I have been pondering your reply for a few minuets. and I do believe you are on the right track.

I am thinking something is stopping up some where.

other wise why would it be saying Low Exhaust gas pressure when the engine is at expressway speeds and seems to be operating normally.

and thanks again and happy trails.

Sincerely.

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I had similar issues with a Volvo that had an ISX. The DPF filter was toast thanks to an EGR cooler leak.

7. BeN DaViS

BeN DaViS Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    North Hollywood CA
    Replace the dozer injector gasket. Most likely if you are not getting boost it's due to the turbo actuator acting up and the root cause is that is that dozer gasket

8. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Scr uses def fluid you do know that ??? Otherwise it would be dpf only

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.