2010 Peterbilt 386 Cummins ISX

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by rathergolf, Apr 22, 2015.

1. rathergolf

rathergolf Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Just purchased this truck a month ago in Canada, now display came up with check engine light error code 1 with red triangle, can't get fault codes to come up. Brought it to road service and they could not pull up the codes, now truck will barely pull my load display reflects no manifold pressure egr valve. I have new fuel filters put on no difference... Just starting out on the road again and need to minimize expenses and avoid a searching expedition.... Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Engine has most likely derated horse power 50% due to fault code,,some times you can disconnect the batteries for a minute and the ECM will reset,,try it might help you get it down the road a day to two

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    If you have red triangle light on it's really bad. Don't take to the road or consequences will be too expensive. Take to the good shop and get it fixed.

5. rathergolf

rathergolf Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you guys, upon more investigation, triangle is red with parking light on then turns yellow. I've got a guy looking at it now and it appears its the middle DPF sensor, not getting to right temperature. Will update if it turns out to be anything else. Thanks again!

6. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Was this a fleet truck by chance? We have had several that had a PeopleNet, Qualcom, etc. that we could not hook the computer to. They unplug the data link behind the dash to hook the system up then the system plugs back into the diagnostic port. In many cases, when they took the system out, they forgot to plug the diagnostic port back in.

pearcetrucking Thanks this.
  7. pearcetrucking

pearcetrucking Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Gainesville, FL 48states
    I also just got a 2010 386 with Cummins. There is a lot of good free information on Rawze.com.
    There is a lot you can do yourself to stop those alarms. Also look into getting INSITE. Grapeape's post is interesting too.

8. Toddsurfs

Toddsurfs Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2013
    rawze makes some the best and informative videos ive seen

9. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Ahhhhhh love my pre emission Cat C15

10. Ikon

Ikon Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Hey did this work I have the same problem ????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.