2012 Columbia Low Voltage disconnect issues

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Elroythekid, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    My LVD alarm will come one while I'm driving, sometimes as soon as I shut the truck off, sometimes works great. I have 14.0 at my inverter controller and the alarm will be going, i will lose my interior lights and stuff, then it just comes back on by itself. I pulled the dash, it's different than my old classic it has a plug with small wires going off under the dash and the 2 larger wires in and out. Right now I have 12.4 in and nothing out. Its suppose to cut off at 12.3 is it not?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    20200604_180025.jpg Update. So it seems to have died altogether. In with the truck running it has 14.07 in, but no out put. The plug in the center of it has 2 yellow wires that disappear under the dash, and a 3rd that is just a jumper from the out put stud back into the plug, also yellow. I have continuity between the out put and the iso on the fuse box, and continuity between the iso at the fuse box and ground.
    The 2 yellow that come from the plug and go under the dash have no power, 1 has continuity to ground, one does not. The far left one also goes to ground thru the output .

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Just bolt the 2 large wires together and go. I have not replaced one for a customer in about 8 years.....

Motto and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  5. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Are the 2 wires from the plug for the alarm buzzer? Should I leave the plug unplugged? Why do I have continuity from the out put post to ground? I'd love to have a schematic for this.

6. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    It is not a true"ground" It shows as "ground at rest" Just unplug it.

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  7. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    The wire marked vsns is not live?
    Obviously a voltage sense wire? Where does it get its voltage? Alternator? Fuse box?
    It's dead so it could be all the problem?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  8. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Comes from PDM (fuse box) don't remember which connector/pin #. Shows you when the last time I repaired one was!

9. Elroythekid

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    My worry is that there is a short there, that is why it's dead and it will short and cause a fire. Been down that road already with a Pete I had. Wasn't cheap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.