2012 Freightliner Cascadia with inverter that has shore power.

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Dartagnan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Dartagnan

Dartagnan Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Yesterday was driving down the road, co-driver went to heat up some fish sandwhiches and microwave quit working. The 120v light on the dash went off. I thought it might have tripped a fuse. When stopped looked at the inverter turned it on and off as well as the black shorepower box on and off. The 120v light and microwave never came on. Took a test light to see if power was getting to the inverter. Power is going to the inverter. Called freightliner to find out what kind of inverter I had and all they gave me was a part number. A0673589000. That doesn't help me at all. There is no writing on the inverter. it is a gray inverter with a black metal box surrounding it. It has a black electrical outlet infront for shore power. It has 2 pig tails coming out of the front one connects to the outlet for 110 shore power on the side of the truck the other lead goes to the small black box with outlets and the black box has two pig tails coming from it that i believe run to the 2 electrical outlets inside the truck. Other wiring includes a 1 wire pigtail that is black and a pig tail with 2 wires that is brown with white stripe and i believe black wire. Anyone know what kind of inverter this is? Make Model etc etc.

And the 2 pigtails 1 being a 1 wire pigtail and the other being a 2 wire pigtail is one of them a 12v on switch? Some inverters require a secondary power wire that actually turns it on in order for it to work. Freightliner is no help except to tell me all they do is replace it and a new one is 3100 dollars.

Does the inside of the inverter have fuses like most other inverters ive used before if so could one of those blown.

Would love to have a wiring diagram also. If it does have a secondary power source for turning it on I cant find the fuse for it. I pulled out the glovebox and puller every single fuse none blown. Popped the hood and theres 3 boxes on the drivers side. pulled every fuse inside each of those boxes none blown. 1 of the 3 boxes under the hood is a power block with 100 150 and 125 amp screw to screw fuse none blown. Checked the power blocked under drivers door no fuse blown and the screw to screw fuses that are 100 150 and 200 none blown.

I am at a total loss and problem looking at buying a regular inverter and a trickle charger to replace their "3100 dollar" system that quit working within a year but since the truck has 118000 miles they wont warranty it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Josh

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jezyna

Jezyna Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    I have the same inverter and similar problem. It shuts off every time I turn on the microwave. Can't find any info anywhere....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.