2013 ProStar + Sleeper with No Idle HVAC

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by johncatco, Sep 13, 2018.

1. johncatco

johncatco Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2018
    2013 ProStar + Sleeper with No Idle HVAC
    Ok so my truck has sat all summer long and now we want to head out to the east coast and I ran into some problems. The Cab has no hvac controls, the screen does not light up nor when i hit the buttons on the dash it registers nothing. Also the AC Clutch is not engaging at all. I have Checked all the Fuses and Relays and nothing seems to be blown. Even changed all the 5 amp ones to confirm they were good for the sleeper controls. Can someone please HELP

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The no idle system has it own set of batteries and the feed for the sleeper controls come off those batteries and have their own cube style fuse bolted right to one of the positive battery posts. If that control panel is dead, I would say no power is coming from the batteries. The cube fuse is usually ok, but the buss bar it bolts too corroded and breaks off. Check all that and also make sure those batteries aren't actually dead.

4. johncatco

johncatco Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2018
    I will dig into this asap! It has been sitting for a few months we use it for disaster recovery and with Florence coming in tonight we need to be on the road. I appreciate the prompt help and will update when i get a volt meter on those batteries

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
  6. johncatco

johncatco Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Will this also keep the motor a/c from engaging for the cab? I have the HVAC batteries on charger now 1 at a time to confirm they are all good.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The cab blower will work, but I believe the sleeper will not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.