2013 Volvo T780 antenna route

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Dj300ex, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dj300ex

Dj300ex Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2019
    hello all,

I have a 2013 Volvo T780 that has the dang set up where the radio, phone, and cb are all hooked into 2 coax cables running to both mirrors.

Now I have my CB mounted up in the over head spot but the white cb cable running to it is not visible on the driver side mirror for a antenna. Most likely broke......

So what I want to do is take the mirror apart which I think I watched enough videos on how to do that, but one thing that puzzles me a little is the pillars running down the driver side and how to get the cable to run behind the liner to the cb location?

Can anyone provide my easiest plan of action here for just running a cb cable from overhead mounted position to the driver side mirror?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Go to you tube and do a search. I saw ONE video where the guy replaced his. He filmed the whole process. Showed ever nut bolt and location that had to be removed. Took most of a day.

4. Dj300ex

Dj300ex Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2019
    Yea I seen that one where the side fender has to be removed to access the point where it goes into the truck so I got from the mirror to the cab down, but from where it goes into the cab to the cb mount location up top I’m not finding anything for a how to. Not even the manual shows wires going up above your head, all of them just show the other location on top of the dash?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.