2014 international pro star start up

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by djbattle, Aug 16, 2019.

1. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    When I start my truck the square yellow screen in middle bottom of instrument panel reads *absmodule,is this normal.my yellow check engine light was on and comes on and off randomly and I don't think it read that message before check engine light cut on,all modules click twice 8 times ,I have 1.86 ohms at all wheel sensors checked all wires and plugs especially on front bumper ,this time the light wouldn't go out,pulled abs module cover on passenger side,noticed an aftermarket brake detection/eld/monitoring system spliced in to green and red wire with electrical tape removed the swift junk and heat shrinked back to factory ,pulled the module fuse (note3) for 10 minutes with truck batteries off,when I restarted *absmodule was still on when the ignition first came on and abs check was occouing,however it went away as soon as check was over,and check engine light is off ,never had any abs warning lights,and when I try to read the check engine light codes it says no data available

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    Do you have the bendix wingman in this truck?

4. wtokhi

wtokhi Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    mines been on for a couple of months, doesnt affect anything else

5. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Slow
    I do have bendix 30 amp fuse but don't know about wing man

6. Navtech

Navtech Light Load Member

May 9, 2019
    If you had a wingman it was have a separate grey box mounted to the dash and 9 times out of 10 when there is a fault with that the LCD screen will display module 42. 42 is the source address for the mitigation system(wingman)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.