2014 Mack CXU MP8 oil type/ change interval

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by xairx, Sep 11, 2019.

1. xairx

xairx Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2019
    The book says the oil and filter change should be done every 45,000 miles....... That's a little high for my comfort zone I think, or am I overreacting? The truck is running on Mobil Delvac Super 1300 15W40. 25k on the oil now. When would you recommend an oil change based on your experience?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Too many variables.

Application, idle time, average engine load, fuel milleage?????

When all else fails, oil sample.

With that said......you cant hurt an engine by overserviceing, just the wallet.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    25 k should be about top life for oil you are using if u want something for higher interval just go with a syn blend or synthetic but still have to change filters being that they are not designed to go 50 k

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  5. ctsflatbed

ctsflatbed Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Most of the trucks past 2010 run 10w30 for better fuel mileage but you will have to do main and rod bearings alot sooner then you want to. Those engines operate at very high oil temps which makes 10w30 have the consistency of water. I would stick to 15w40. It depends on what you use the truck for. If it spends alot of time on the highway you should change it every 20k miles. Off road use and a lot of stop and go change it every 10k miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.