2015 Cascadia with DT12 Transmission switching to manual mode by itself

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by D&S Enterprises, Oct 15, 2019.

1. D&S Enterprises

D&S Enterprises Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Bought a used automatic Cascadia Evolution with the DT12 transmission back in July that has been running fine until a couple weeks ago. When accelerating between 5th and 7th gears, the Hill Assist light and ABS light for the tractor turn on and the transmission switches into manual mode. After that, those lights turn off as well as it runs fine without any loss of power but we want to get this figured out before it causes something else.

We think it may be an air issue as it has always been slow to air up in the morning. Our other truck is a stick and airs up fairly quickly so we weren't sure if these autos just take forever to air up or what.

I see plenty of posts where they get stuck into a gear but that's not our problem. Anyone have something similar to this happen?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DavisB

DavisB Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2020

4. DavisB

DavisB Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Had the same problem after changing the hub ABS sensor wasn’t pushed all way in

5. TXBearCat81

TXBearCat81 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Hi there,

I have a 2016 Western Star 5700 XE and had the hub seal replaced a couple of days ago. Now the transmission ( DT12) switches to manual mode by itself) @ DavisB are you saying the ABS sensor not being pushed in all the way was the culprit and did that resolve the manual mode issue?
    Thanks !

6. dauren0301

dauren0301 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Hello, i have same issue, did you solve your problem?

7. 3TEN

3TEN Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Did anyone fix there problem? I'm having same issue..

8. holycarpetsharks

holycarpetsharks Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2014
    It would sure be helpful if people would post the result of the repairs so those of us with the same problems can get an idea of what to fix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.