2019 cascadia tranny questions

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by craig_sez, May 21, 2018.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Just got my new one last week and im seeing some issues I don't like...
    This ipm(intelligent powertrain management)Its not so intelligent..In my case it kills power off 95% just before you crest a hill(as designed)and expects you to coast over the top.....When mine does it I lose about 5mph and then it goes into ecoast then back in gear and automatically kicks in engine brake till just about at the bottom..So now im down in speed and momentum and the trk gets on the fuel to get back up to speed that it cant cause the engines are laggy anyways but still cant regain the speed....Now this means I lost speed and burn more to get back to set cruise speed to which is only set at +5 and -4,even then it goes below set speeds....My earlier model had a switch on the dash to let me change when the auto engine brake comes on and this one doesn't...E coast doesn't always kick in like earlier model cause of this ipm so my question is.....Has anyone been able to have dealer shut off this ipm and add a switch that allows driver to select when the engine brake kicks in??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.