2020 579 peterbilt with paccar engine. Brake lights causing engine to not build boost

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Weking, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Weking

Weking Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2021
    I drive a 2020 579 Peterbilt and ever time I touch the foot brake or hand brake the lights come on and stay on which causes the engine to build no boost. The shop has replaced the light switch and brake pedal valve and problem still there. They are planning on changing the TC valve tomorrow. Can someone please help? The brakes have zero pressure on the gauge when this problem occurs so I am leaning electrical. If anyone else has had this problem what fixed it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker567-19

Trucker567-19 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2022
    Having the same problem with my 2019 567. What did you ever find out on this

4. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    I had the same problem in a 17 Peterbilt with a paccar motor, we replaced the brake pedal valve on the firewall because air was leaking out of it. That did not fix the problem however, it turned out to be some kind of valve up by the front bumper that was bad.

I believe it was something to do with the ABS system, but I am not real sure. It was bad but the air would find its way back to the pedal valve on the firewall and leak out there.

Trucker567-19 Thanks this.
  5. Trucker567-19

Trucker567-19 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2022
    This ABS valve caused your brake lights to stay on and not gain boost also?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.