2020 Cascadia. Are these oil spots something to be concerned about?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Wickedchicken, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Wickedchicken

Wickedchicken Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Hey all,

this dd15, there are multiple oil spots underneath the injector areas. also some pinkish/whitish residue near one of the large hose clamps. Is this something to be concerned about? Just wanted to get some input if anyone else out there went through the same thing because the engine runs fine, just got done running to California uphills (scary downhills), so engine did a lot of work lot of stress to it, used a lot of jake brakes as well. The only thing I did notice is that the truck increases speed slowly from 15 to 35 mph, but also it could be just in my head. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Photo Mar 30, 1 54 32 PM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 1 54 38 PM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 1 54 58 PM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 1 55 01 PM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 1 56 34 PM.jpg Photo Mar 30, 1 56 43 PM.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  4. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    This all looks like maintenance related items. Did you have any recent service done? How many miles are on the unit? With Diagnostic Link you can do a FSIC routine to check if you have a leaky injector among other things. Otherwise, I wonder if new injectors were put in.

All speculation unless more pertinent details are given.

062 Thanks this.
  5. Wickedchicken

Nov 6, 2020

there are 383k miles on it. I did have recent service done in December they replaced injector number 5 when the truck had 371k miles on it. I guess a diag link would come in handy. have any suggestions for an affordable one some of those can get pricy

6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The first picture is a coolant leak - probably just tighten the clamp.

The second picture is a leak in the line to the oil separator - easy to replace the line or it may just need a seal.

The rest are leaks in the injector pass thru seals. Replacing them isn't too hard and there are videos on how to do it. If you leave them leaking they will make a mess and you will probably get cited for it when you get inspected.

RE previous comment: Leaking pass thru seals have nothing to do with the injectors. They are just seals where the fuel lines pass through the cam frame housing.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Wickedchicken Thanks this.
  7. Wickedchicken

Nov 6, 2020
    thats good news becuase the problem should be easy and fast to fix. im hoping they can get me up and running by monday.

8. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Well that makes sense that there is residue all by the injectors then...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.