2020 Cascadia - Built-In TV Mount - 32"?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by madmoneymike5, Jun 8, 2020.

1. madmoneymike5

madmoneymike5 Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    So here's the deal. I want a 4K Smart TV but they just don't make 'em smaller than 32".

I did a Google search for the max size that is supposed to fit; several websites claimed 26". What I want to know is has anyone successfully mounted a 32" on the built-in mount in the new style Cascadias, and over the long term, not had any failures or damages due to weight/vibrations. Will it even fit?

TonyMack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I have a little flat screen TV. You know their no 4k stuff to watch for the most part. You won't get 4k from over the air free TV. If you stream any from internet you data usage will be crazy high. I don't think even satellite TV does 4K. My TV in truck gets maybe 1080p and 780 from the free over the air stuff. It might not be worth all the trouble vs getting a TV to for the mount

4. madmoneymike5

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Brandt, I knew someone was going to say what you said. I was going to head it off with the following but decided against it in hopes I could save myself from having to type it all out. Oh well. :)

"There is no 4k stuff to watch." → My opinion is that this is not true. I find enough 4K stuff to watch to justify having a 4K TV.
    "You won't get 4K from OTA TV." → Don't care. Don't watch OTA TV.
    "Streaming 4K is costly on your data usage." → My data plan, even with sharing my data via hotspot, is unlimited.
    "You can't get 4k from satellite." → Don't use satellite.
    "Not worth the trouble." → It is to me. :)

Now, with all that out of the way, back to my original question. Has anyone successfully managed to mount and keep mounted, without causing any damage to the TV or the truck, a 32" TV to the built-in mount on the new style Cascadia? (See my picture above.)

Timin770, alds and Dieselboss Thank this.
  5. madmoneymike5

Jan 30, 2010
    Arlington, TX
  6. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Unlimited is a joke, EVERY so called unlimited data Plan is only 4g till you hit the cutoff cap, then you are throttled when in congested areas, 3g won’t work for 4K
    4K requires lots of bandwidth therefore will eat plenty of data, I have Sprint which includes 100gb of 4g hotspot, I set Netflix and Amazon to a max resolution of 1080p to keep from ripping thru my 100gb.
    As far as watching 4k content on a little 32” tv, I have a 75” tv at home and can barely tell the difference, yes I can tell but it’s subtle and it’s a 75” tv!!!

7. GADITE

GADITE Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2021

8. GADITE

GADITE Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2021
    Yes , I just mounted a 32” smart TV, in my cascadia. But you will need to do is add an extension to the built in bracket for it to fit without hitting the micro wave cabinet

9. GADITE

GADITE Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2021
  10. Bandera

Bandera Bobtail Member

May 3, 2021
    Thanks for your post. Just having one more question would you be able to raise bad upward?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.