2021 kenworth t 680 vibration steering wheel,seat and floor boards

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by jspence64, Apr 2, 2021.

1. jspence64

jspence64 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2021
    Bought a brand new t 680 and has had a vibration since day one under load. Average load weight 30000. Initially only Did it in 12th with cruise on and when under a pull up slight grades. Vibration increases as torque percentage increases. Vibration in steering wheel feels like your holding a two stroke weed eater, literally numbs your hands. Now, it's doing it in several situations and circumstances including at idle...Buy American everyone said... I'm a dumb ### this truck is American garbage...Kenworth use to be a decent truck builder, those days are gone apparently. Currently at 49000 miles, this truck has spent more time in the shop than my two year old volvo 780 with 285000 miles. Kenworth dealer is 3 or more days out to even get it in the shop while hundred dollar bills are flying out the window in lost revenue while it sits not being repaired...they need to quit selling trucks if they can't service what they sell.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    When you get it figured out will you let us know? I just ordered a new t680 and would like the info about your problem. Just in case.
    Thanks

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Be sure they ck. the angle on both. rear ends, and all U/joints, the Volvo dealer put a friends New truck on big jack stands and chained it down to floor 8 ways to Friday and when it was rev. up just so hi it about vib. off stands, all because of 1 joint end was missing half the rollers inside 1 cap?

BoxCarKidd and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    We had a new 680 on tour and every time you hit a big bump or cross railroad tracks the dash would go dead and the lights would go out.
    You had to stop turn it off and restart to reset the system , Whiteford in South Bend couldn't fix it , but Palmer KW in Indy could , in my eyes Palmer is the best out there.
    The radio , bluetooth , gps didnt work from the factory either something else Palmer fixed.

baha Thanks this.
  6. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    They are building very fast due to demand and are nipping at Freightliner’s heels. I have a 2020 T680 since 32 miles. Now at 167,000 and it has never seen a dealer or had anything but routine maintenance. Luck of the draw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.