2022 Great Dane Dry Van Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Crassius, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Paid cash for the unit. Seems like it was $30,500 per unit but that is an S-600 with chrome grill and light package. The info bar so the driver can see temp, status, and fuel level from the cab. Then door open/close sensor, solar panel to keep the battery charged while not running since it tracks every so often, etc. Things like that. When running I believe it’s ever 15 mins and not running then every 4 hours.

With Trac King I can see where the trailer is, speed, fuel level, temp, door status, any codes, can turn on or off, change temp, etc. It’s actually very cool and something I’ve been wanting for along time. Also, it’s perfect for showing the customer or broker exactly what’s up and not having to go get a temp download if something is questioned.

Edit: Circling back to your question I’m sure a bank you are established with would understand not buying things from one place. Especially a smaller bank.

RStewart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I would have to question any dealer who marks up the unit. I buy X amount of units each year, if i don't take them someone else does.

4. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Why wouldn’t they? I certainly would.

We always try and take on more and more and more for the customer. Two reasons. So we are harder to replace and so we can charge more. If I was a trailer dealer, sure! I’ll get that handled just fine for you sir, nothing to worry about! It’ll be 80k for you today sir. We’ll take it from here... lol. :D

5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Guess i just have/want a better relationship with them. Been dealing with them since the late 80's. But i can see that one time sale being jacked up.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    I can understand that. Makes sense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.