2023 International HX Navistar Sirius Antenna

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by ilovetruckz, Mar 18, 2023.

1. ilovetruckz

ilovetruckz Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Does anyone know where it's located?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ilovetruckz

Oct 6, 2021
    I can't find it anywhere and i'm losing channels even.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Are you able to remove the radio and make sure it hasn't become disconnected from the back of the radio. This is what we see most often as Navistar loves to run a wire 2 feet long between two parts that are 2 feet, 3 inches away from each other.

Jubal Early Times Thanks this.
  5. ilovetruckz

Oct 6, 2021
    Yeah I pulled the radio out to see what type of connection the antenna is. Going to buy a new one if I can't locate the original one. I'm thinking they just put it in a horrible spot. At this point I think it's under the bunk haha

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If this is a sleeper unit, I believe it runs down along the dash, to the left side floor boards, and runs along the floor under the skid plate by the door, through to the sleeper cargo bay and then up the left side rear of sleeper and mounts to the roof at the back of the bunk. If the reception was never good, it is also possible it was never plugged in the first place, and the antenna connector is there, just buried a bit in the wiring. It will be near by. You might just have cut some zip ties and search for it. Should be a tan/light brown coloured connector.

7. ilovetruckz

Oct 6, 2021
    I'm going to have to get the ladder out at the shop on the weekend and see what's on the roof. Definitely can't see it standing on my deck. Thanks for the reply. The reception was good the first few weeks I had the truck, then something went wrong. Now that I think about it, it happened around the same time I ratched strapped my shovel and broom to the back of the cab. Hmm.

8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    One of the guys at our company had problems with that on his 22 LT. Dealer ended up just running a new antenna.

ilovetruckz Thanks this.
  9. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    I know on my HX's all the antennas are mounted to the back of the cab now.

ilovetruckz Thanks this.
  10. ilovetruckz

Oct 6, 2021
    On the roof? I still can't find the thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.